The mission of Horizons at St. Richard’s Episcopal School is to close the summer learning gap for Indianapolis kids from low-income families through:
- intensive academic enrichment from preK to 8th grade;
- fun learning environment;
- lifesaving swim lessons; and
- year-round support for families.
Horizons at SRES recognizes that everyone needs specific, measurable goals. Here are ours for each summer session:
- Students will achieve an average gain of two to three months in math and reading.
- All students will participate in the swimming program and improve at least two skills from their Red Cross Swim Level.
- We will achieve a minimum of 90 percent student attendance.
- 80 percent of students will self-report that they are more aware of how to eat a nutritious diet.